Monday, February 3, 2020

No.33



-o0o-

A MAGIC MOMENT I REMEMBER
Alexander Sergeyevich Poushkin 
1799-1837

A magic moment I remember:
I raised my eyes and you were there,
A fleeting vision, the quintessence
Of all that's beautiful and rare.

I pray to mute despair and anguish,
To pursuits the vain world esteems,
Long did I hear your soothing accents,
Long did your features haunt my dreams. 

Time passed. A rebel storm-blast scattered
The reveries that once were mine
And I forgot your soothing accents,
Your features gracefully divine. 

In dark days of enforced retirement
I gazed upon grey skies above
With no ideals to inspire me
No one to cry for, live for, love. 

Then came a moment of renaissance,
I looked up - you again are there
A fleeting vision, the quintessence
Of all that's beautiful and rare

-o0o-



-o0o-

HUG O'WAR 
Shel Silverstein

I will not play at tug o'war,  
I'd rather play at hug o'war,
Where everyone hugs 
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles
And everyone wins.

-o0o-

NEXT POST - THURSDAY

No comments:

Post a Comment